Sunday, March 18, 2007

Vacation: The Journey Begins

Well, we've finally made it to the beach. After a long journey from our home in Pewee Valley, Ky we've arrived at long last. Our travels began early Saturday morning after about four hours of sleep. Dad said we had to leave the house at 3 and well, me being a teen, you can probably imagine what I was doing for most of the trip. I slept, of course. Anyway, nothing truly exciting occurred until we reached West Virginia. We looked ouside and snow was pouring out of the sky, it was 29 degrees. As it captured little of my immediate attention, I decided to return to slumberland, only to awaken a bit later to the sound of my brothers' giggles as they found more active ways to pass the time. (How they have that much energy with so little sleep, I'll never know, although mom tells me that I too had such energy when I was their age.) Now Unable to get a decent nap I extracted my new computer and began a video diary of our trip. My brothers, sitting behind me, had other ideas of what should be done to pass the time (Did you know that in the word brother, if you simply eliminate the first 'r' you get the word bother? Just a thought...) So, in oder to keep them from "brothering" anybody else I let them have some fun. If I can I'll upload the video so those of you who want to see my little bothers in their natural form, you can (Viewer discretion is advised ;p just kidding). We finally reached our destination in Avon, North Carolina at 6:00 and have basically vegged since. We're about a 3 minute walk from the beach and have already been shell collecting once, though we will most likely be out there a lot, it's cold here however. Anyway, I'll be uploading pics and keeping you posted on happenings here.
Thanx for reading

2 comments:

cate_thib28 said...

lol love the pics ju hope ya'll are havin a blast!!

Timothy said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip...
wish we were there... but not today!

Andrew is sick, Elisa is extremely pregnant, and I'm tired...
Hope you all have a great time...